Saturday, June 17, 2006

Prelude To A Dream

I'm currently working in the entertainment industry as an editor. It's been a long journey, and I know I have a long way to go. As disillusioned as I am, I still find the fact that I'm doing what I've been dreaming about forever, amazing.

I remember watching a documentary on The Discovery Channel about the making of FRIENDS. I was so mystified at the whole process and immediately felt like I needed to be a part of that. It is funny looking back that what had most interested me was the whole post-production process. The foley artist actually. I watched as this woman walked on all these different types of grounds. The concrete, dirt, rocks, film, (for the effect of crunching leaves), wood, tile. I just thought, what a cool job. I think that's what initially sparked my interest.

It's strange how looking back you can almost see the exact path that got you to a certain place. Everyone always asks me why I wanted to be in this business. I could ramble on for hours about how I am creative person who loves to create and share things with the world. The truth is, it just feels right. Sure, I'm a creative person, and I'm not going to argue that showing someone something you've made is one of the most rewarding feelings one could possibly have, but for me, I just sort of felt it.

That said, I'll let my journey begin. Enjoy.



This image is from a book written by one of my old professors. “The Practical Art of Motion Picture Sound” by David Yewdall

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Betsy,

Your weblog was visited at random. This post has been archived at first posts, an archive of first weblogs created in conjunction with the Blogbiting Archives

Yours truly,
Blogbiter

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous teen bdsm stories said...

One cupped hercrotch as another assaulted her chest. I see my bosss wife is kissing my wife pretty hard while theblack guy on the other side is playing with her legs.
milf sex stories
erotic sex teaching stories
sex stories masturbation
janes sex stories
the nifty erotic stories enciclopedia
One cupped hercrotch as another assaulted her chest. I see my bosss wife is kissing my wife pretty hard while theblack guy on the other side is playing with her legs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home